Monday, November 24, 2008

"Throw the ball to brat!"

Tonight Mason was playing ball with Nika ... she was scooting really close to him, it was pretty cute. We have taught Mason a few words in Russian ... "brat" being one of them ... that means "brother". So when they were playing ball, he kept saying, "Throw the ball to brat!"
Chicky saw me get the camera out to take pictures of Mason and Nika, so of course she had to get in the mix. I think they decided on a cheesy shot ...
Nika is definitely getting more and more used to the idea of having siblings around. She no longer pushes them away and sometimes even initiates contact with them. Our biggest hurdle at this point is diffusing the jealousy between Payton and Nika ... if one is being held, the other needs to be held by that same person. Hopefully as the novelty continues to wear off, the jealously will too. ;)

10 comments:

Tara said...

Ahhh, another similarity to our situation. Our biological daughter is 8 months younger than our adopted daughter, and we had the same issue at first. It is much better now, but they still see themselves as rivals a little bit. I don't think you can avoid it when you have 2 of the same sex close in age. They are the best of friends, but boy can they go at it! I just keep telling myself that the same thing happens in lots of other families! LOL

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

OMG I LOOOOOVE the cheesy smiles!! LOL SOOOO cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Love to see them relating and playing!!!

Shay said...

that cheesy smile pic would make for a christmas card.

Meredith said...

Very cute!

And just think, if the jealousy doesn't stop at least you'll have REALLY STRONG ARMS :)

datri said...

Too cute! I just love seeing the three of them together!

Kim said...

Oh, that jealousy thing! Definitely experience that with my kids. But you are right, Charlie is used to seeing me hold Calvin now, and only get cranky about it when he is having a moment of needing mommy. Calvin, on the other hand is just growing in to a phase of feeling jealous if I hold Charlie. Oh well.
Your kids are looking so cute! It sounds like Nika is on the fast track to adjusting to your home life. I am surprised at how well she is doing.
--Kim

Anonymous said...

We have been dealing with the jealousy on a daily basis for over 2 years. My girls don't want to be held unless I am trying to hold the other then they both fight over me. My son never had jealousy issues like that, just my girls who are younger and closer in age. We try to work it out by each taking a turn. I know one day this jealousy will pass and my lap will be empty so I try to remember that as they fight.

My name is Sarah said...

So cute. I love that they are playing together.

Cathy said...

Anymore updates? Sorry I know you need to enjoy your family, you must be so busy. But it’s been 4 days! lol I have logged in too many times to confess ;)
I need to see some photo's or something.
Just kidding Bethany, I really hope things are going well and if not I’m sure you and Kyle are working through things. Just want you to know we are thinking of your family