Friday, November 21, 2008

Sleepy Girl

Earlier today while Nika and I were waiting to go pick the kids up from school, she got very sleepy and feel asleep standing up against the ottoman. I thought it was so cute how Zoe (our dog) was laying right there next to her. Needless to say, Nika couldn't wait for nap until after we picked up the kids ...

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Precious!! Both of them. I love how she sucks her fingers. Matthew sucks his thumb so hard that it is always red and raw:(

Tara said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. To answer your question, Ava is a different child now than the one we brought home 6 months ago. She now does accept love and attention from us and sometimes from her siblings. She'll let them hold her, she'll wrestle with them...sometimes that is. She still has a lot of walls up in general. It really does take time and there are some scars that may always be there from her early neglect. Those first few weeks home (and months to be honest) are so hard. If you want to email me, we can talk more. tsprunger@yahoo.com

Tara

Tara said...

I forgot to add that your girls (both of them) are absolutely gorgeous!!! Your son is a cutie too.

Tara

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! So sweet!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! Perfectly precious!!!

SunflowerStories said...

Precious!

Anonymous said...

They girls look like twins
I hope your all ok, I'm worried reading yoru blog, I thought they would have help you and yrou husband with the transitioning ? it's not going to be easy, with all the changes she has had to make. your kids too will realise this little sister isn't going away Payton might have struggles over the next few weeks as she learns to share everyone.
maybe try to think in terms of 6mths and in 6mths look back at how far she has come. dont send her back you'll all be fine.

Shay said...

so adorable. and it looks like zoe has a new friend :)

Rachel Dominguez said...

I just absolutely love her....can i have her :)..LOL. OMGosh she is just a doll.