Monday, November 10, 2008

We're Back in Holland

It is about 4:30 a.m. EST and we are sitting in the Amsterdam airport. We were delayed leaving Dulles for two hours {thanks for updating the blog, Shay!} and then when we got on the runway, there was a computer problem, so they shut the plane down for about an hour. Fun times. This was after they ran out of overhead compartment space and had to check bags ... and this was before they ran out of food for everyone. Seriously. I think that is worthy of a voucher ... oh and Kyle said the rude flight attendants are worthy of a voucher too. They were ridiculous.

Alas, we are back in Holland! The airport looks a little different ... they have decorated for the holidays. This hadn't even crossed my mind, but I really hope Russia is decorated ... that will make for an even better trip!

Check out the tree vase, for lack of better terminology ... LOL
Holiday decorations in the Amsterdam airport ... they are all blue and white ...
Did you notice the Dutch detail? I love that! I know, it doesn't take much to impress me ... LOL
We will be leaving here in less than two hours and we arrive in St. Petersburg around 9:30 a.m. EST. Until then ...

9 comments:

Barb said...

Glad you made it across the ocean, anyways! What airline are you flying, BTW?
Barb

Kristen said...

I was wondering what your itinerary was like for this trip. Glad you made it to Europe safely. Bet you're exhausted and excited all at the same time. Thanks for the update!!! Praying for you!

Shay said...

Absolutely worth a free voucher...

The Jones' Journey said...

I vote for a free voucher too! The kids are doing great this morning. They were up eating breakfast when I left. Last night we did Mason's homework, he has a request... glitter. lol, he didn’t have much to decorate his Turkey feather. We used the same old pompon balls and stamps. Anyway it looks cute! Talk with you soon. Hope you have a safe second flight.

Cammie Heflin said...

I bet that is gorgeous! I'm so excited for you and Your Addison!

Michelle said...

It's a bit after 9;30am EST and hopefully you have already landed. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos of Holland. Puts me in the holiday spirit!

Anonymous said...

yeah! I am so excited. I am keeping Gram posted as much as I can. I just wish she had internet at her house....

Our Story: Continued said...

I hope Russia is decorated for ya'll!! Have a safe second leg of your trip. HUGS!!!

datri said...

Oh how pretty! And I thought it was just us in the US who start decorating for Christmas so early, LOL!