We just got settled into our apartment here in St. Pete. Good grief, what a trip! We had a carry on bag with our suits for court and our jackets. On the jet way in DC, they informed us the overhead compartments were full (there was a senior citizen group traveling that boarded before us and they all had small carry on suitcases that took up all the space) and they needed to check our carry on. And they meant check it, as in send it all the way to St. Pete, not check it as in gate check it so that we would get it in Amsterdam.
So yeah, they lost that bag. The only bag that we really need! So our only chance to get the bag before court will be on our same flight that comes in tomorrow around 5 p.m. local time. If not, then we may need to shop. Our court translator is calling the judge, however, to explain our situation and see if she will permit us to appear in court in non-court clothes. We'll see. Northwest is already going to be hearing from me on other matters, but the lost luggage and potential additional expense is another thing to add to our list.
Our apartment is cute and cozy ... bigger than the last one we had. It is right next door to the last one though, so we are familiar with the area. We are about to venture out (in the rain, nonetheless) with no coats to find food. People are going to look at us like we are crazy without coats, since they dress like Eskimos here!
I'm sure you are wondering when we get to see Addison. Well, tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. they are picking us up to take us to the Baby Home. Yay! I wish we could go there now ... it is really hard being in the same city as her and not being able to see her.
21 comments:
I called Gram this morning and read the update to her. I have not told her about the lost luggage yet and hope they find it for you.
lol, gram is getting a play by play... I am sure you are going to be in bed but if you can't sleep... I will keep skype up just in case!
Bethany, we are praying for you and hope things will get easier! I know once you have little Addison in your arms you won't much mind all this but we are praying that it all goes smoothly from now on!
And yes, a detailed letter is in order for the airlines if you ask me!
Lu
aww man, that just stinks about the whole luggage thing. Make sure you give them a piece of your mind haha!!
its good to hear you made it safely though and you get to see your little sweetheart tomorrow! yeah!
Yay! I will be praying that everything goes smoothly. Can't wait to see more pics of your beautiful Addison.
So glad you are there safe and sound!! Well, with the exception of the bag!! UGH! Just one thing that you didn't need to worry about right now!! Give that little angel a smootch for us tomorrow and we will be keeping up on your blog for updates!!
Wow! what a trip. Hope you get your clothes before you guys freeze. Sounds like when we went to Africa. They lost our luggage too. Just talked to Dad and he said to call Northwest at the airport and tell them that you have to look presentable in court and lay it on thick, that it depends on your appearance. If Northwest can't produce your clothing they should give you money to help with the cause. Kyle, remember when we had the German Exchange student and Northwest lost her luggage. They gave us money to go out and buy what we needed. Good Luck Mom
I am sooooo excited to hear that you are there! Can't wait to see new pictures of Addison! Good luck and I hope you get your suits!
Rachel
I'm so glad you are there and that you are familiar with the area. I am sorry you are without your needed bag. I hope it gets found soon.
Joy
I sure hope they find your bag quickly! Sorry for all of the frustration.
Kayla
My heart is beating just a little faster, knowing that you are near Addison! I'm so thrilled for you guys!!!
I'm glad you arrived safe! Praying about the clothing situation....that just stinks! I can't wait for more pictures of Addison!
Praying for your bag to be found in time for court and also for a smooth court hearing. I'm very excited for you to be bringing home a precious Russian angel!!
Amy
Woo hoo! Just found out that you went to Russia. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Glad you are there again!! How exciting. I hope the bag shows up in time- but that still stinks they lost it!
Can't wait to hear more and see pictures.
Glad you made it there safely! That really sucks about your trip and your bag. I'll be praying that everything goes smoothly from here on out. Have fun playing with your baby girl tomorrow!
I remember that feeling!
Have fun visiting your doll baby tomorrow!
Bessings,
Amy
Sooo excited for you guys!! Sending warm wishes to Russia!
Good grief! That is some story. Totally ironic too..you carried on your bag to prevent it from getting lost and it gets lost anyway. How totally absurd! Not to worry! I'm sure everything will work out just fine. You are on your way to see Addison in just minutes I think. Happy reunion day! :-)
I woke up thinking about you guys this morning and smiling that you were able to see Addison today. Can't wait to hear the update. We continue to pray for your journey and adoption process.
I am so happy for you all. Can't wait to meet your "new" little girl when I visit with Jodi. God Bless you and keep you safe. I know that you will be wonderful parents to the new addition to the family.
Lots of love,
Aunt Donna Sherman
Post a Comment