Yesterday we got to meet Addison's favorite caregiver. She must have been on vacation when we were there for our first trip, because I don't remember her. She is so sweet and Addison clearly adores her. She was singing nursery rhymes to Addison and she was totally doing all the motions to them ... I loved it!
Today our translator told us that the caregiver asked our translator this morning when we would be coming to take Addison for good. She said she couldn't handle it and didn't want to be there. She said she has been crying for days and she just doesn't want to be there. That makes me so sad! I almost feel guilty for taking her. I can't imagine the pain this caregiver is experiencing ... to have raised Addison for the first two years of her life, and now she will be gone to another country. It makes me teary eyed just thinking about it. I told our translator I was sad that we wouldn't see the caregiver because I really wanted to take a picture of her and Addison. I also wanted to video tape her singing the nursery rhymes to Addison so that I can play them for her when we get home. It turns out that we are picking Addison up at a different time than we originally thought, so we may end up seeing the caregiver tomorrow after all.
Either way, I told our translator that we would send plenty of pictures, as I know how much they love that. I'm sure it helps to see that the children are thriving in their new environments.
14 comments:
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your descriptions of the day's events. How wonderful for your family that things have worked out so well! If I may ask . . . did you have to get a medical exam in Russia?
I find this whole process just heart breaking but it will all end wonderfully for our family
Crying again! Crying for the caretaker, crying for you guys, crying because i am so happy. So many emotions.
could you give us a picture of Kyle's hairdo?
What an absolutely wonderful day for your family! I couldn't wait to find out if your 10 days were waived--that is so awesome. I've been praying for your family since you left on Sunday. I just love is heartwarming caretaker story. Praying for you as your travels and your story continue.
Congratulations Bethany and Kyle! I think we have already fallen in love with little Addison. Each and every post leaves me so emotional, and I'm only sitting here reading you blog LOL. What an experience for you! I do hope you can meet Addison's favorite caregiver. Many prayers that all goes well. We can't wait for you to bring sweet pea home!
I've joined the crying club too! I can't imagine the pain Addison's caregiver will feel when she leaves. What a beautiful idea of you recording her singing nursery rhymes to Addison. Okay, crying again...... Thank you for sharing your journey with us. It's amazing. Addison is joining a wonderful family.
Awwww, Lord, we just lift up this lovely caretaker that has such a close bond with Addison. We ask that you protect her heart (and Addison's for that matter). Fill her with YOUR peace and give her joy knowing that Addison is going to have a forever family that will love on her! Bless this woman who has obviously given her heart as well as her time to these kids in that orphanage. Thank you that you have given the kids in that place someone like her to care for them. I pray you would just heap blessings upon her. Thank you that you have orchestrated things for Bethany and Kyle to make them go smoothly and give them safe travel on the way home. I pray also that when they get home with her the transition for the entire family will be smooth and filled with joy!
Lu
Amen to the prayer above from Lu. Counting down the days until the three of you are home.
Love
Mom
Oh how wonderful to know that Addison's care giver was so emotional. How sweet of God to chose someone who would take such good care of your baby until He got you to her. What a blessing for you, and truly a sweet blessing for that care giver. I am sure He has great plans for a woman with such a heart in Russia. She will be in my continued prayers, after you are all gone. I am sure God needs her to love on another baby, while that forever family tends to getting their baby home. What an honor that God chose her to do this job, and what a beautiful way for her to show the dignity of all life in her country! Love, Di
I hope you get to meet her caregiver! How bittersweet...
Bethany- I have LOVED following your journey....this is sooo cool! I am soo happy! YAY for Addison!!
Hi again i am wondering if you were able to stay in touch with the caretaker or the baby home and send pictures and updates, they would probably be so happy to see ! And I cried a bit too, I cant imagine working in a home like this and having the babies taken away all the time, even if they are leaving for a better life! Maybe I would get used it it... or not. And i wanted to comment on that train ride, those are awesome ! When i was growing up, my mom worked for the railaways and we had free trips and took tons of those around Europe, so cool !
We have not personally been able to stay in touch with her, however our agency has brought pictures to her a few times. :) I would love to take Nika back someday.
Post a Comment