Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Decision Day

On November 12, 2008, at 12:00 p.m. Russian time, we appeared before a Court of Law in St. Petersburg, Russia. The reason for our appearance was to discuss our petition to adopt a little girl named Veronika. The judge asked us some questions, most of which had to do with the reason we wanted to adopt a child with Down syndrome.

After a brief recess, the judge entered the room to announce her decision. Congratulations, your adoption is approved, effective immediately. Translation: our 10-day waiting period was waived and we leave for Moscow tomorrow!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! So many answered prayers!!! I'm so happy for ya'll!!!

Jennifer said...

OH WOW!!!! COngratulations! You guys must be over the moon! Prayers for a safe travel home!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!....incredible!!! congratulations that everything went as you guys wanted. Have a safe return with Addison
Luciana

The Jones' Journey said...

Yipee!!! I have a new niece! Wahoo!
Okay now it is hitting me and I am going to cry. I am so happy! I must go back to your house and start making signs with Mason and Payton pronto. With the waive does that mean you are coming home earlier then next Wed? Does she get to stay with you at the apartment? I have so many questions... lol

Alyssa said...

Can I get a woot woot? YAY! So when will you be home with her? OMG, this is so exciting!

Lauren said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for your family. I know little Addison will love her new brother and sister.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I literally am crying for you! I am thrilled that you all have been so blessed!! Can not wait to hear more, and please know that our family is keeping you in our continued prayers. Love, Diane

Kristen said...

OH Bethany & Kyle,

I am SO over the moon for you!!! I have chills, and a few tears of happiness for you! So, do you have her now??? Waiting patiently, ok- maybe not so much, so how about anxiously, for your next update!!!

Much love and blessings!!!
Kris

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Wonderful news!
The 10 days WAIVED? How perfect is that?
Your adorable Addison home for the holidays!! Who could ask for more?
Congratulations!

Beverly said...

So happy that you finally have her and will be brining her home! She is so beautiful!

liesel said...

Wonderful news!!! Can't wait to see the whole fam together!

Christina said...

CONGRATS!!!!!

So happy they waived the waiting period and you will be home with your precious sweetie for Thanksgiving! :)

JRS said...

I'm so happy for you. What a Thanksgiving this will be for your family. Safe travels!
---Jen

Anonymous said...

Beth,

Congratulations! That is great news! I am so excited for you and your family!!

Denise

Michelle said...

Bethany & Kyle - I am so excited to hear the news!! I have tears running down my face - no, it's not just the pregnancy hormones:). I can't imagine how elated you must feel. Congrats to Mason and Payton who will be wonderful siblings. Off to read the rest of the posts.

Megan said...

I am SO, SO happy for you guys! YIPEE! Woohoo! Give that little girl some big, ole sloppy kisses from Stella.

Oh, and how freakin' cool is it that you have so many people commenting on this post (read: loving you guys and supporting you)

p.s. I am know google reading The Jones' Journey, cuz I'm a stalker like that. :-)

Megan said...

Know = now. Love, your teacher friend.

Rachel Dominguez said...

I am in complete tears of happiness! Congrats!!! What a wonderful feeling!

Prayers are with you during your travels home! I cant wait to see pictures of Addison with her new sister and brother!

Congrats!!!

Love & Prayers,

Rachel

The E Family said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news. I am so happy to hear that and I can't wait to see a picture of all THREE of your kids together soon!

datri said...

AWESOME! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful wonderful wonderful
We can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Brigitte said...

Congrats Mommy of THREE!!!

alicia said...

FELICIDADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im crying here!!
God is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda Jones said...

CONGRATS! This is so wonderful!

Amanda (RR)

Anonymous said...

yeah I'm soo excited. (It's so hard to write how that would really sound ha ha)I'm with Kristie on all the questions things. I can't wait to meet her! Natalia

Our Story: Continued said...

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!