While we were in the room talking with those who know Veronika best, one of her caregivers brought her up to meet us. She is so stinkin cute! She was a little apprehensive of us at first, which actually is a great thing and shows that she has good attachment skills, which we want. She sat on her caregivers lap, played with us and you could see her trusting us more and more as the time went by. We got out a ball and she loved that ... she played catch with us and knew exactly what to do. Then we took out another ball that has a rattle in it ... she loved that thing too. I also took out some stacking rings and she did awesome with them ... stacked em right up! As you can see in the picture above, she spent some time sucking on her two fingers ... I've never had a finger sucker before! Her caregiver told us she does that when she is nervous or needs comfort ... so cute! She is doing very well for a child with Down syndrome, especially for a child with Down syndrome that has been raised in a baby home. Yes, we are smitten!
45 comments:
Love these new pictures! How cute!!! She looks so happy. Can't wait for more.
She is just so beautiful! She has been very well cared for! Or so it seems so far! Can't wait for the next update!
What a cutie!!! It sounds like she's doing very well. Congratulations Bethany!
Oh my goodness, Bethany! She is so beautiful! I thought she was beautiful in the first picture I saw, but seeing her now is even better. Her skin is so pretty and I love the finger-sucking! Congratulations!
What a baby doll! She is a blessing, I'm so happy she has a family now! She and Payton will be best friends forever.
Dolores
My goodness ... I can't get over how cute she is ... she's breathtaking!
CONGRATS!
Amanda (RR)
Bethany, I am speechless! She is **adorable**! What a blessing she will be to your family!
~Patrice (RR)
Oh Bethany,
She is beautiful and looks so healthy and well cared for. Yeah!
Kayla
You guys, she is gorgeous!! What a little sweetheart. I got teary-eyed reading about your visit and seeing the photos of you with her. Congratulations!
She is just as beautiful as can be! Her eyes are so blue! I just cannot get over how gorgeous she is! Congratulations!
CONGRATS! She is beautiful!!!
OH MY!!!! I LOVE HER!!! Please please, give her a kiss for me!!! ADORABLE!! Love, Di
Oh my goodness. Could she be any cuter??
Happy tears! Happy tears! Thank you for sharing your journey!
Congratulations, she is absolutely beautiful!
She is so beautiful!
Oh my, she is so amazing!!! Here and Payton are going to be like two peas in a pod! We are so pleased for you!
--Kim
Oh my goodness!!!! She is beautiful!! What a joy. We are thrilled for you all. Kris
I am in tears right now as I look at her sweet face & smile.. I am so happy for you and I know you didn't want to leave her!! I can't wait to meet her in person~
Bethany, she's GORGEOUS! Thanks for making me cry at work...
Oh my gosh, she is so beautiful! I'm crying here! So thrilled for you guys!!!!!!
She is a doll baby, my goodness, how sweet! Congratulations, I am so happy for you.
Kris
She is soooo cute! She is adorable.
I think it is so sad that people give up their child so quickly over there and never visit but I am so happy that you are giving her a loving home.
that first picture is like looking back in time, the same eyebrows, eye color, facial shape...she could have been Ciarra's twin. Wow! She is absolutely precious, and she looks so healthy. Congrats Mom.
AWww Bethany she is just beautiful! I am so glad to hear things are so good for her there. Congrats on meeting your new little girl!
Oh, isn't she just beautiful!!
Amy
what an adorable little girl she is! Praying that all continues to go well and she will soon be officially yours and on her way home.
She is absolutely beautiful!!
She is SO cute!! It's wonderful to hear how great she is doing!!
She is absolutely beautiful!!
OH MY GOSH! She has the face of an angel! :) WOW! How old is she?
Congrats and blessings to you ,
Tami
Noah's Mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
I've been reading along with everyone else, and I just have to agree: she is adorable!!! You are so blessed!
Congratulations! She is beautiful! Brianna was/is a finger sucker too... that was my first thought when I saw the pic- Looks like Bria! LOL Beautiful...
oooh bethany.. she is beautiful! look at that gorgeous smile! its infectious!!!
She is Beautiful!!! She looks very well taken care of too. I'm so excited for you!
Bethany,
She is so adorable!! Oh my goodness!
Joy,RR
Wow, Bethany, what a beautiful sweetheart! It will be wonderful for your girls to have a sister so close. I'm crying happy tears!
I'm spilling over tears. I'm so happy for all of you. How great it is that you guys finally got to meet her and she looks so adorable and healthy! Congrats!!!!
love the new pictures, she's gorgeous, cant wait to see her with mis Payton
I will love a post from Kyle ;) to see whats going on his mind and heart... you know guys are diff to girls
God bless you
She's breathtaking! I'm speechless.
She is beautiful!!! Congrats on your journey - I have been following you through McKenna and the Mom Crowd. You have a very inspirational story. God Bless!!!
she is friggin ADORABLE!!!!! I want her too! :)
Man she looks so healthy, Bethany she is just beautiful!!!! I am so glad everything is going so well. I am praying here that all goes well.
Beautiful! Guess we'll be crossing paths - I leave Monday. Sure hope you don't have to wait as long as I've had to! Its hard when you know and love them!!
Post a Comment