Friday, September 26, 2008

I need some inspiration here ...

... because I can't stop the tears from falling. It is 8 a.m. on the day that we are to leave Russia. In two hours we go to the baby home to say goodbye to our daughter. The bond that we have formed over three short days is absolutely indescribable ... words cannot describe it. I have kept it together this week by not thinking about the goodbye, and now I'm staring it in the face. Some words of inspiration would be most appreciated. I don't want to go to the baby home a blubbering mess ... but what else am I to do? This has got to be one of the worst feelings in the world.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Bethany, I have no inspiration! I cannot imagine how hard it's going to be! I think you have got to focus not on the the leaving, but on the returning, when you will come for her to take her home forever! {{{{hugs}}}}

My name is Sarah said...

Dear Bethany, This is Sarah's mom, Joyce. I don't know that I can say anything to stop your tears from flowing, I know I would be a blubbering mess too. Sarah and I have so enjoyed reading all about your adoption journey. I can only imagine the separation will be so hard, but think of that glorious next trip when she does get to come home with you. She is sure a cutie pie, and now she can go to sleep each night knowing that a wonderful family loves her. We will continue to say little prayers each night for your family.

Christina said...

It must be so, so difficult adopting from one of these multiple-trip countries. I'm not sure how I'll handle leaving for the night, I can't imagine leaving for weeks.

I think there's as good a chance of stopping all the tears as there is of stopping a mother's love :) But try to take strength knowing this is the last long goodbye she'll ever have to receive. Just as birth is a lot of hard work that we often wish would just end already, we at least know it's productive - there is a prize that awaits at the end, and so with the hard wait of adoption!

And start looking forward to the holidays - you'll have a new little one to celebrate with!

Thinking of you and hoping you have a safe trip and that time takes pity and seems to fly!

Christina said...

Man, Bethany I am so sorry. I can't even imagine how hard it's going to be to tell her you'll see her later. Big hugs my friend. Praying for speedy paper work and for the 10 days to be waived!

Michelle said...

It's late here and I made one last stop to your blog before going to sleep. I wish I had insipration for you. The real inspiration is Addison. Believe that she is in good hands in Baby Home 13 and her caregivers and other children will continue to provide her comfort and care over the next few weeks. As hard as it will be to say goodbye (I don't know the feeling firsthand), you and Kyle will soon be making the trip back to take your little girl home forever. The memories and photos you have captured over the last week will hopefully comfort you in the weeks to come.

Sending lots of love and hugs!

Michelle

orphans4me said...

Oh bless your heart! Sorry the only inspiration I can think of is the same others have mentioned--that soon she'll be yours forever.
Joy,RR

Becca said...

I am so sorry, but can't offer you any advice. You've got to feel what you've got to feel, but just know that you'll be back soon, and you've just made a tremendous impact in this little girl's life. She'll be well taken care of in the meantime, I'm sure, and I'll bet she'll be thrilled when she sees you return!

Kristen said...

I am sure that this won't get to you in time, but the only thing that I can say is that Addison is in the best baby home in Russia. It is comforting to know that she is a healthy, happy, well taken care of, little girl. That would be the only thing to get me through what you are right now.

I pray that the time home again goes by quickly and that your waiting period is waived so you can bring her HOME for good!

Hugs my friend. I know your heart is breaking to leave her...

Anonymous said...

Remember that it is not goodbye today but hello forever! :) The process stinks but the outcome is priceless! In a few short weeks that beautiful little face will be in your and your family's arms forever! Can't wait to meet Mason and payton's sister!

The Corcorans

Anonymous said...

The time to bring her home will be here very soon. She is in good hands there or she would not be thriving so well. Give her hugs and kisses and tell her Mommy and Daddy will be there soon to take her home to meet her sister and brother.

Love and Support
Mom

Anonymous said...

In our family, we always say "See you soon!" not good-bye! That way we know that we will see a loved one again soon. I know that won't stop the tears, but it may make it tiny bit better. You are also so very lucky to have all these gorgeous pictures of your daughter! We adopted both of our daughters, and had to wait a VERY long time without even having a picture of them.
What you are going through is huge, and my heart breaks for you, but I hope this has helped.
Stay really busy when you get home, and we found that if we did something everyday for our daughter (paint her room, do a scrapbooking page, buy a special toy, etc.) it made us feel that she was always with us, and the time went faster!
Thinking of you in Boston! Susan

Shay said...

I know it is hard to leave but just think, the next time you see her, you can bring her home!!!

The E Family said...

I can only imagine it must be incredibly hard, but you have so many wonderful memories to take home with you now until you can return to bring her too. I really don't have much inspiration other than to focus on her, it is okay to cry and do whatever you need to for yourself too.

Anonymous said...

This a hug from tom and me and you just need to focus on when you go back to bring her home just look ahead
Love sherry

Anonymous said...

Bethany, I wish I the words...but I can only offer my prayers. Addison is safe, loved and cared for...she's in good hands while you return to the US. May the time fly by....until you are reunited and bring her home. I can't wait to meet her...cause I know I'm going to get to meet her!! Lots of love to you all. We are praying!!

liesel said...

Just think how sweet the reunion will be! How long will you have to be gone anyway? It really stinks that you can't just bring her home.

Anonymous said...

Bethany,
I hope by the time you read this you have your darling daughter home with you. She is absolutely beautiful. And I am so thrilled for you all.
Take care.
Love, "Aunt" Donna Sherman (Jodi's Aunt Donna)