Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A whirlwind of emotions

We are only days from stepping foot on a plane to go meet our newest daughter and that brings with it a whirlwind of emotions. Excited. Nervous. Scared. All of those things at the same time.

I'm excited to meet her. I'm excited to experience this new culture while I try to find something to eat so I don't starve. I'm excited to visit the orphanage and see what kind of awareness we can bring surrounding kids with Down syndrome. I'm excited to have this adoption experience.

I'm nervous to leave my kids at home. I'm nervous for what would happen to my kids if something happened to Kyle and I. Stop telling me not to think like that. I'm nervous to fly for that many hours on a plane. What if something happens? I'm nervous to meet with the Russian officials. I'm nervous to how they will react to someone who wants to adopt a child with Down syndrome. I'm nervous that they will look down on us.

I'm scared to fly for that many hours on a plane. I pretty much think that is all I'm scared about. LOL

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your travels!!! One question, as someone new to your adoption journey: do you have a specific child identified already? Or will you learn who your child will be once you arrive in Russia?

Anonymous said...

Bethany God is with you! hat's the best thing I can say, give him all your worries and fears and your charge will be no heavy

hugs from your mexican friends!!
Ali - mom to Elias

Carson's Mom said...

How exciting! I know you are scared to death, but it will all be so worth it.

Kayla

Liz said...

HAHA! I'm right there with you on all of your emotions! Too bad we aren't flying to the same place on the same plane so we can freak out together! I really wish it was a 2 hr flight myself. 9 1/2 hrs. SUCKS!! Good luck and Safe travels!!!!!

Shay said...

You will be fine on the plane. just bring a dvd player to keep you occupied!
plus you are gonna be so excited to finally meet addison that it will help with the nerves of the flight

amyl4 said...

I was nervous too when I flew to get Caleb but I'll tell you those LONG flights are the most comfortable! I wasn't nervous for very long. I can't wait to follow your journey!
Amy

JennyH said...

It is so close!! Hope you have a smooth flight and stay in Russia. I will be praying for you guys.