Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We're here!

We have arrived in St. Petersburg! I think everything hit me when our plane began to approach St. Petersburg and I was able to look out at all those buildings and know that our daughter is waiting somewhere in this city for us. Our daughter that we have yet to meet. Our daughter that is waiting for her forever family to come get her. Gosh, I'm so excited! I wish we could go to the baby home tonight!

Our translator/driver, Andrei, met us at the airport and brought us to our apartment. For those of you who think I'm a crazy driver, you should come ride with the people here! Holy cow ... even I was scared! We also met with Natasha, our coordinator, who discussed with us what will happen tomorrow. We will be going to the Ministry of Education around 10 a.m. local time {that is 2 a.m. EST} to receive our official referral. From there we will go to the baby home to meet our daughter.

A couple random quirky things for the day:

*In Amsterdam, I paid $9 for pancakes at McDonald's. We also paid $9 for a soft drink and a bottle of water.

*The syrup that I got with my pancakes in Amsterdam was thicker than molasses. I'm not exactly sure if it was maple syrup or what.

11 comments:

Kerry Shealy said...

Can't wait to see pictures of your first meeting!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it there safely! I can't believe you get to meet your baby girl tomorrow! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

Oh Bethany I am so excited for you guys!!!! I can't wait to meet/see pics of your new girl. Congrats!!!!

Barb said...

It's good to hear you arrived in St Pete safe and sound. It's so exciting to read others' stories about the first meeting!

I know what you mean about the drivers - can't believe there aren't more accidents.

Enjoy your day tomorrow!!!

Barb

Unknown said...

How exciting! We can't wait to see pictures of your newest princess. Stay safe!

datri said...

I'm so excited for you Bethany! Thank you so much for keeping us updated on your journey. I feel like I'm right there beside you! Can't wait to hear about meeting your new girl!

Michelle said...

Happy to hear you arrived safely. I loved reading the travel posts. Holland is very cool:)

We will be thinking of you tomorrow. Can't wait to see pictuers of you, Kyle and your precious daughter.

Hugs,
Michelle

Kristen said...

YAY! I will have you know that I still have groceries in the car, but I just HAD to run in to see if you had posted!!! I hope that you were able to rest some on the plane ride to St. Pete. I am SO looking forward to waking up tomorrow and hopefully seeing new pictures!!! (((HUGS)))

amyl4 said...

YAY! Isn't it wonderful to finally be there??!! I am excited for you guys!!:) God Bless,
Amy

Christina said...

I am SO excited and can't wait to see pictures of your little angel! Stay safe!

The Parker Family said...

Can't wait to hear about your first hug from your new daughter. Oh and I can't imagine ANYONE driving as bad as you LOL!!!