Monday, September 29, 2008

An unbreakable bond

If there was one thing that was so obvious about Addison's baby home, it was how much the caregivers adored those kids. It was easy to see that their connection to the kids went far beyond someone who just took care of their daily needs. While I know they are happy to see the kids be adopted, I can't imagine how hard it must be for some of them when children they have bonded with leave the baby home forever. We owe everything to Addison's caregivers ... they have held her life in their hands for the past two years and I must say they have held on tight. Addison is doing extremely well and for that we are extremely thankful. I'm not quite sure what we did to deserve her, but we thank God every day.

8 comments:

Janine said...

I'm so glad. It's a wonderful feeling to know your child is in good hands while you have to be a way just a little bit longer.

I didn't cry leaving her the first trip but boy did I cry on the day Emily's caregivers had to say goodbye forever. It was hard not to as they were trying so hard to hold it in. Taking their time and holding her extra long. Taking photos with her. Singing in her ear. Telling me anything and everything they could think of that she might need later that day. And it was so bittersweet as Emily had no idea it was the last time. She just waved to them as she did everytime we took her from the group for a visit with us. I just remember looking back into the room and seeing them all standing together waiving and saying, "baca, baca".

orphans4me said...

Welcome home. The fountains are stunning. The I-171H is great. I know your bodies are all out of kilter. And I know your hearts are still in Russia. I sure hope your next trip comes soon.
Joy

Megan said...

Okay - you've GOT to stop with these posts. I'm running out of tissues. :-D

JRS said...

This picture is stunning. She is in good hands and yes you do deserve her. ((HUGS)) --Jen

Over-Caffeinated said...

I am so glad to see that you have made your trip to Russia. I didn't realize you were adopting from St. Petersburg, for some reason, even though I check your blog often. Guess you can tell I'm not one for details !:)

Ondrea

Becca said...

I'm with Megan on this one, but at least I'm home and not crying at work as usual...

Our Story: Continued said...

I love this picture! I can't imagine how much you guys miss her...I know the time will go by fast! LOVE YOU!

gillian said...

What a beautiful photo!

Thank GOd for those caregivers!