Monday, September 15, 2008

Airfare: Check!

Holy cow, airfare is so expensive! The cheapest we could find was $1,033 per ticket and we have to spend the night in Amsterdam on our way home. Now that should be interesting ... with no luggage, nonetheless! I'm assuming they will hold our luggage, since technically it is just a layover. Fun.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Holy shnikeys! Take a carry on with your change of clothes. Our trip advisor for Africa said to do that just in case they lose our luggage! Traveling abroad freaks me out a little! LOL!

Christina said...

I know it sure seems like a lot but that's actually REALLY good for only one week notice!

Hopefully Amsterdam isn't too bad. Welcome to Holland, eh? ;)

So stinkin' excited for you - I hope the week flies by!

Anonymous said...

im excited for you! =)
and cant believe how cheap the tickets are!

Kimberly said...

Bethany, I'm so excited for you guys! A night in Amsterdam sounds great to me. Can't wait to hear how the trip goes- I'll be thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog -- congratulations! This is such an incredible time in your life.

Amsterdam's a great city, try to enjoy the night there (just get past the junk of the red light district). When we travelled for the court date part of our adoption, we spent a night in Copenhagen in transit. It was a surreal time, but also a good opportunity to think through the enormity of meeting our son. You're in a limbo of sorts, not yet home, just the two of us. It's a good time to take a deep breath, a step back and process all of this incredible stuff.

Side note -- airlines will sometimes comp you a hotel room if you have no choice but to lay-over for a night. That's been getting more and more rare lately, but it's worth asking your travel agent or the airline directly. I've travelled to/from Eastern Europe many times and have gotten rooms comped by the European airlines, though never the American carriers.