In searching the internet for any information I could find about the baby home that Addison is in, I found an article that talks about a study done by PITT involving her baby home. Essentially in 2004 (perhaps even earlier), the US Government funded a project to reform the baby homes in St. Petersburg, and Baby Home 13 (Addison's baby home) was the focus of the reform on a trial basis. They instituted policies to make the baby home an environment that is similar to being raised in an American home. This is very promising ... no wonder we've been so impressed with everything. Yay!
Click here to read the article ...
7 comments:
Oh neat! I actually found that article a few months ago (not sure how...) - very interesting!!!
she is just PRECIOUS!!!
Jaimie (shimmeringstars on DownSyn)
Hey! We've been following along through Jodi and thinking of you guys all week. I've been catching up on your blog this morning and I'm so moved. At one point I had to remind myself to breathe! This must be so wonderful and overwhelming for you at the same time. We're praying for you all. You now have three beautiful children. We're happy and proud for you. -Crystal Turner
Cool Article. I hope when Addison comes home.. that this 'news' will be talked about as well. Kinda neat that God was using your Government to provide a home for Addison until she and you were ready for each other. How different she might have been with the old 'regimented' style of orphanages. God is Good. {{{HUGS}}}Thanks for letting us in on your life! Amy (Southernbelle)
Congratulations! She looks like a real sweetie. Sounds like everything is going really well.
I am going to show all of this to Gram tomorrow she can't wait.
What a cool article! See, just another way God has been helping Addison before you guys could go get her! I'm so proud of you guys! I'll be home in a few hours I'll try skyping you! lol
Just finished catching up on the blog...sniffle, sniffle....I'm sooo happy for you guys! So, Bethany, how many times have you been to Carl Jr's????
Can't wait to hear more!!
Love you guys....Lori
Post a Comment