Monday, August 11, 2008

Touched by an angel

Yesterday I received a phone call from my friend Carmen. Carmen is mom to Jaemen, who happens to have Down syndrome ... they live in Colorado. I met Carmen through a Down syndrome forum, as crazy as that sounds. She has become one of my best friends ... we have that "Down syndrome connection".

Carmen has a friend, Jennifer, who I loosely know from Reece's Rainbow. Jennifer is mom to Cadence, who also happens to have Down syndrome. Cadence celebrated a birthday this past weekend and in lieu of gifts, Jennifer asked that donations be made to our family to help bring Addison home. How cool is that?! I got a bit teary eyed and had the chills after Carmen told me this yesterday ... I am just in awe of people's generosity!

So to Jennifer and Cadence, thank you so much for your support! Maybe Cadence could take Addison to prom some day? ;)

3 comments:

Shay said...

the generosity of people is overwhelming. So many people want addison to come home!

Carson's Mom said...

Very cool! That was an awesome choice!

Kayla

amyl4 said...

That is awesome!!
Amy