Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fundraising

We are ready to start fundraising for our adoption. Adoption is a very expensive process and while our agency has waived their fees due to us adopting a child with special needs, we still are probably looking at close to $15,000 in expenses. I'm looking for ideas of how people have fundraised in the past ... help!

2 comments:

Our Story: Continued said...

My friends cousin had a spaghetti dinner at their church and raised quite a bit of money. Although, I (and so many people who love you!) live too far to come for spaghetti! LOL! I'm curious to see what people suggest!

Julie said...

Ours so far have been the following:

I make cakes for family, so I offered to start making them for people outside of family. Anything they wanted and the price depends on the "art" involved.

We are having a HUGE yardsale the first weekend in June, and all proceeds are going towards our adoption. We have made it know that this is a Charity Yard sale and have posted on community forums for our neighborhood and will use signs, etc., with her picture on them to allow a face with a name.

We also are using Revoltion Money Exchange and Chip In (attached to a paypal account) to gather donations as well, along with the FSP on Reece's Rainbow.

I'm still searching for other ideas as well... but these are just a few that are somewhat working for us.